What functionalities should modern Call Center software have?
ICT solutions for business are developing at an incredible pace. Firstly, this is due to the growing importance of the Internet as a means of communication in general. Another factor is the dynamic development of artificial intelligence (AI), which allows to reduce costs and increase the efficiency of business processes. Customers are seeking new functionalities that will increase sales and improve customer service. Therefore, the functions provided by Call Center software, which until a few years ago were an indicator of innovation, are now available in almost all solutions on the market. Turns out that a good choice of software for your business requires constant tracking of available solutions. Below we will try to present the most important functions and directions of development of Call Center systems.
So what functionalities should modern Call Center software have?
We will start our list with basic tools. Although they have been available for many years, they are still the backbone of well-organized voice communication with customers in enterprises. Call Center software should provide the following functionalities:
- automatic call distribution (ACD)
- call Queuing
- call Recording
- interactive voice response (IVR)
- Preview/Progressive/Predictive Dialer
- real-time monitoring,
- reporting historical data,
- history data reporting,
- work evaluation cards,
- customer satisfaction survey,
- automatic call-back,
- management of consultants’ working time.
Traditional media such as radio, television and telephony are gradually being replaced by a variety of online communication channels. On the one hand, it gives great opportunities to increase the competitiveness of the products offered by the companies. On the other hand, it requires the adaptation of business processes and the use of appropriate tools provided by modern Call Center software. The main distinguishing feature of such solutions is multi-channel customer service. Below we present the most important functionalities implemented by Contact Center systems:
- support for voice/chat/video/sms/social media/fax channels (Omnichannel),
- multi-channel voice/chat/video/file transfer/video sharing conferences,
- remote access to a client’s desktop (collaboration),
- tracking activity on a website (webtracking),
- ordering conversations with a consultant from a website (callme),
- connection to a consultant from a website or from a smartphone application,
- leaving the message via the form on a website,
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Efficient operation of marketing, sales and service processes requires quick access to data, effective analysis and effective communication. Therefore, a modern Call Center solution must ensure this by providing the following functionalities:
- integration with external domain systems (CRM, ERP, etc.),
- acquisition and registration of leads on all communication channels,
- built-in CRM system with contact identification and conversation history,
- built-in ticket management system.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
The interest in process automation in business in recent years has resulted in a very rapid development of artificial intelligence (AI) tools. As a result, they were also used in customer service solutions. Proper use of these technologies in business allows to reduce costs in the company and shorten the time of customer service. The basic AI functionalities provided by the Call Center software are presented below:
- Text-to-Speech (TTS),
- automatic speech recognition (ASR),
- Self-service robots,
- robots dealing with the acquisition of leads and with raising their profile.
To sum up, the selection of Call Center software should be preceded by a detailed analysis and comparison of available functions. Taking into account the dynamics of changes, it is also worth noting the directions of development of the considered software. If we add the knowledge and commitment of the supplier to the assessment, we can be sure that we are making the right choice.
If you need help in choosing the right solution or would like to test a solution that can be easily adapted to your needs, please contact us.